Electric Joint Use Coordinator
Work Description: The position is responsible for serving as the joint use coordinator managing KUB’s interactions with joint use and telecommunication entities that utilize KUB facilities. Serve as liaison between KUB and management of foreign attachers. Interpret joint use contract language and effectively manage all interactions with foreign attachers that utilize KUB facilities to ensure compliance with codes and standards. Demonstrate knowledge in: Attachment and auditing policies, construction and engineering design standards, joint use agreements, National Electric Safety Code (NESC), and National Joint Use Notification System (NJUNS). Provide training and coordination for foreign attachers as necessary for the permitting and accounting process. Create, track, and collect invoices for joint use attachments, engineering, and make ready. Develop strong customer relationships with foreign attachers through communication and collaboration. Receive training to perform storm response duties with other department members. Note: For more specific information regarding this position, please contact Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical discipline from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and team skills
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, standards, and specifications
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, handle multiple assignments/projects, prioritize and effectively interact with all levels of management
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Two (2) or more years of relevant experience including distribution, electric utility customer service, electric operations or telecom industry.
- Personal computer skills including Geographic Information Systems, database management, spreadsheet reporting, word processing, presentations, and project management software
- Knowledge in joint use standards or agreements
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other KUB departments and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and provide engineering services for customers