Chief Lending Officer
Y-12 Federal Credit Union - Hardin Valley
As a member of the executive leadership team, the Chief Lending Officer (CLO) reports directly to the President/CEO. This position is responsible for serving as the strategic leader overseeing the activities and operations of the lending teams. The CLO will be responsible for leading the team to develop and maintain effective strategies as well as implementing and researching new programs that increase loan growth. This position will monitor lending trends and market conditions, maintain accurate, efficient and safe management of the loan portfolio, maintain client relationships and actively seek additional opportunities.
- Develop, implement and monitor adherence to the credit union’s lending policies and strategy; leads activities related to new product development, product implementation and risk assessment, with respect to lending programs.
- Maximize portfolio growth through effective planning, development, and implementation of lending strategies.
- Review existing and new client relationships for credit quality, structure and pricing.
- Ensure overall soundness of loan portfolio, with the ability to identify and develop long term strategies that will include initiatives such as portfolio mix, growth strategies, and market penetration objectives.
- Direct the overall lending function of consumer, mortgage, and business areas of the credit union to ensure the members are receiving the best possible loan products and services.
- Develop and implement systems, risk controls, policies and procedures in line with regulatory requirements, credit union policies and targets.
- Monitor and manage overall portfolio and communicating performance and concerns to top management.
- Leadership and oversight of staff development including training program assignments, leadership development opportunities and regular department meetings/coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, related field; MBA preferred.
- 5 + years of experience working in credit risk analytics and/or risk management including development of strategy, credit policy, underwriting standards and pricing. 10+ years preferred.
- Advanced experience in consumer lending, mortgage lending, business lending, loan pricing, and portfolio management.
- 3+ years at the Senior Management level.
- Must be eligible for registration with NMLS.