VP of Advancement
Emerald Youth Foundation
Emerald Youth Foundation is seeking a seasoned and proven Vice President of Advancement who has an understanding and conviction that “fundraising is a form of ministry.” The position will be responsible for leadership of the resource development, marketing, and communications programs for both Emerald Youth and Emerald Charter Schools. The Vice President of Advancement will directly report to the President/CEO and work closely with the Chief of Staff, be a member of the executive team, and lead a department with a team of professionals.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Lead all initiatives and campaigns to raise multi-million dollars for annual funding, secure large capital donations, and grow the sustainability and growth fund, including executing planned giving program.
- Create and sustain a donor portfolio and collaborate with the Chief of staff to support the management of the President/CEO’s donor portfolio.
- Develop, oversee, and manage execution of strategies related to a variety of revenue streams and fundraising activities, including but not limited to corporate, foundations, government, churches, annual giving, events, donor relations, retention, and stewardship.
- Provide strategic oversight and development of communications, public relations, marketing, brand management, and social media functions for all facets of the organization.
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization and articulate the mission to the public.
- Provide spiritual leadership and supervision with team members, recruit and manage committees, and work closely with board members.
- Partner with the finance and accounting staff to ensure correct and transparent financial tracking and reporting.
- A person who is striving to shape thoughts, attitudes, and actions after the servant leader model of Jesus Christ. (Phil 2:5-8) Has a commitment to work hard and unselfishly in Christian community, a passion to keep learning, adopted practices and high standards which support a life worthy of a Kingdom of God calling with children, and is able to meet the expectations of service with others.
- Has a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of proven experience in an advancement department or related sr. leadership position, including supervising direct reports, representing an organization externally, and working with non-profit governance leadership.
- Demonstrates high-capacity competencies in the areas of writing, editing and design, verbal skills, technology, event planning, moves management, Microsoft Office and database management, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Physical Requirements- sedentary position with ability to move about and travel mostly across town, but occasionally outside Knoxville. Occasionally lift objects up to 20lbs for set up of events and other activities associated with role.