AmeriCorps Summer 2021
- Get paid to serve.
- Earn an educational stipend to pay tuition or student loans.
- Add valuable service-learning experience to your resume.
- Primarily a Monday through Friday during the day.
**Note: You must be at least 18 years of age or turning 18 shortly after start date AND a certified U.S. citizen, a national, or legal permanent resident to apply.
The majority of Emerald Youth’s AmeriCorps members serve part-time during the school year or full-time in the summer with elementary and/or middle school age urban young people in either a structured afterschool or summer day camp program.
There are 3 kinds of AmeriCorps positions available with Emerald Youth this upcoming summer 2021:
- Children's Role or Youth & Children's Role - Implement enriching, structured elementary or middle and elementary school level summer day camp activities.
- Learning Role - Facilitate planned elementary and middle school academic activities as well as other summer day camp activities. Perfect for aspiring teachers.
Details applicable to all positions:
- Serve approximately 35-40 hours, M - F, during the day. Start May 17, 2021 and end July 23, 2021.
- Receive a living allowance of $2,500 while they serve (like pay). Portions of this total living allowance are distributed as a direct deposit into members’ personal banking account twice a month (to be used however needed) during their term. **Please note that this is the only money you receive while serving. There are no other wages or salaries given to AmeriCorps members.
- Earn $1,311.11 for school or student loans (called an ed award as mentioned above) after they successfully complete their AmeriCorps term of service.
- Participate in training and team building.