Calling and Career Ministry Coach
Emerald Youth Foundation
- Actively identify and recruit 8th – 12th grade students in assigned area to utilize Calling and Career services. Network, develop, and maintain relationships with partner schools, churches, and youth-serving organizations as well as JustLead and EY Sports staff to help in recruitment efforts.
- Engage parents to support their children who participate in Calling and Career services and as their children transition into post-secondary education.
- Obtain and maintain certification to implement Calling and Career assessments and discuss results with student and family.
- Help counsel students to determine the best post-secondary path that aligns with their calling, interests, and abilities.
- Serve as a life coach to 10+ students starting in their senior year through their first two years of post-secondary helping them connect to faith, learning, and health activities.
- Recruit and train 15+ volunteer Mentors and match Mentors with students transitioning into post-secondary experiences. Monitor and manage the relationships providing guidance to the Mentors as they help ensure the students are connecting to faith, learning, and health activities. Ensure Mentors visit students on campus and/or stay in regular contact with student. Visit students on campus when mentor not available.
- Maintain contact with and support students who do not choose to be paired with a Mentor.
- Liaison with college and university personnel to help solve student needs directly related to the post-secondary institution and as directed by Calling and Career Ministry Director - Lonsdale.
- Help track data, review, and report measurements and achieved outcomes related to the Calling and Career Ministry.
- Stay knowledgeable of safety protocols, ensure all team members comply with organizational safety standards, including but not limited to behavior and discipline, child ratios, transportation, CPR, and first aid as applies.
- Maintain program budget.
- Deliver effective and timely communication.
- Manage additional projects and tasks as assigned and participate with any assigned groups or committees.
- Oversee crisis situations and communicate with student and/or family as needed, proving support and guidance.
- Coordinate with supervisor in case of such an event.
- Help transition students into alumni programs, such as volunteers, AmeriCorps, and staffing positions.
Additional requirement of the Emerald Academy Calling and Career Ministry Coach:
- Stay engaged with Emerald Academy scholars throughout high school in an effort to connect them to Calling and Career Ministry services.
- Dedicated Christian with clear knowledge of the Gospel and a passion for the mission of Emerald Youth Foundation; connected to a church community; possesses a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and high moral standards.
- Education, counseling or related bachelor’s degree.
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in counseling or youth programs coordination.
- Must obtain certification in designated Calling & Career assessment.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to supervise and motivate team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work extended hours.
- Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative setting.