JustLead Youth Ministry Coordinator
PROGRAM SUMMARY: JustLead is a youth leadership program of EY implemented through a coalition of neighborhood churches and faith-based organizations serving urban youth. The after-school component for elementary, middle, and high school students includes Bible study, tutoring, homework help, health/fitness/nutrition instruction, field trips, service learning opportunities, and job and college readiness activities.
This position will coordinate and implement all aspects of the church-based, JustLead Ministry for middle school and high school age youth. The JustLead Youth Ministry Coordinator will be responsible for the recruitment of youth and families to participate in the JustLead programs as well as volunteers to help support the ministry initiatives and for achieving assigned program goals. This role will partner with the church or faith-based organization (FBO) for both the youth and family ministry.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Actively identify, recruit, engage, and support neighborhood youth and families to participate in the ministry.
- Coordinate and implement, for an assigned age group, afterschool/summer day camps, Wednesday night/Sunday morning and other discipleship initiatives, and relationship-building activities under the direction of the JustLead Ministry Director.
- Ensure assigned program goals are being met including participation, comprehensive engagement, and youth development outcomes. Participate in weekday and weekend camps, special events, field trips, home visits, and other student event activities. Be engaged with the participants’ schools and know other activities and organizations with which a participant may be involved. These events may require some evening work as needed.
- Help connect participants in “transition grades” to the next age-level staff and programming and connect students to calling & career center as needed.
- Notify Director and respond to families as requested, should an emergency situation arise.
- Funnel families into family engagement activities.
- Must become fully immersed in all aspects of the church as a whole through attendance on Wednesday evening and Sunday morning worship services, special events, i.e., Christmas plays, church celebrations, etc. Serving actively in the church as a staff team in ways that connect youth to the church through programs and events.
- Collect fees and maintain program budgets.
- Review and provide needed data and/or report achieved outcomes and measurements for assigned church/FBO.
- Recruit, manage, develop, and nurture a team of volunteers, AmeriCorps members, and/or youth workers.
- Follow all organizational safety standards, including but not limited to behavior and discipline, child ratios, transportation, CPR, and first aid. Ensure AmeriCorps members and volunteers follow all organizational standards as well.
- Maintain a current CDL and drive large vehicles/buses.
- Manage additional projects and tasks as assigned, participate with any assigned groups or committees, and participate in area ministry network and organization events, including working outside normal schedule as needed. .
- Dedicated Christian with clear knowledge of the Gospel and a passion for the mission of Emerald Youth Foundation; connected to a church community; possesses a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and high moral standards.
- At least 21 years of age with clear driving record and ability to obtain a CDL along with a willingness to drive vans or buses.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish Speaking a plus!
- 2-3 years of experience organizing and implementing youth programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Experience in an urban setting ideal.
- Ministry or related degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Supervisor/management experience desired.