Summer AmeriCorps Positions 2023
Emerald Youth Foundation
There are 3 kinds of AmeriCorps positions available with Emerald Youth during the summer:
- Children's Role - Implement enriching, structured elementary school level summer day camp activities.
- Youth Role - Implement enriching, structured middle school and elementary school level summer day camp activities.
- Learning Role - Facilitate planned elementary and middle school academic activities as well as other summer day camp activities. Perfect for aspiring teachers.
Details applicable to all positions:
- Start May 15, 2023 and end July 21, 2023.
- Serve 35-38 hours, M - F, during the day.
- Receive a total living allowance of $3,600 (i.e., approx. $800 per pay period before taxes while you serve - like pay). This money is direct deposited into members’ personal banking account twice a month (to be used however needed) during your term. **Please note that this is the only money you receive while serving. There are no other wages or salaries given to AmeriCorps members while they are an active member.
- Obtain $1,374.60 less taxes for school or student loans (called an Education Award as mentioned above) after you successfully complete a term of service.
- Participate in training and team building.
AmeriCorps Development Days/Socials (ACDDs) - highly encouraged:
- AmeriCorps members will meet at least once over the course of the summer - after initial pre-service training.