Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with Emerald Youth Foundation and EV Davidson-Carl Cowan Pool policies and procedures.
Pay is set at $12.50/hr
School Year Schedule:
- School year hours are 3:00-8:30pm during the week (Monday-Friday) and some weekends during the day.
- During the summer hours are 9:30pm - 5:30pm or 8:00pm.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain constant surveillance of pool area to ensure safety.
- Respond to emergency situations immediately.
- Understands and enforces pool safety rules, policies, and guidelines according to Emerald Youth Sports Aquatic requirements.
- Develops positive relationships with swimmers and families, encouraging parent involvement.
- Performs chemical testing and checks throughout the day.
- Assists with pool and pool area upkeep and cleanliness, i.e., monitoring pool area, organizing equipment, reports damages.
- Updates required records and reports data as required.
- Completes accident and incident reports as needed
- Attends meetings and other general duties required by supervisor.
- Dedicated Christian with clear knowledge of the Gospel and a passion for the mission of Emerald Youth Foundation; connected to a church community; possesses a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and high moral standards.
- At least 15 years of age.
- Red Cross Lifeguard certification required.
- CPR, First Aid Certification preferred (will train if needed and if session is available).